Our world is filled with outdated information and cultural myths about childbirth while maternity care in the United States is failing women. With the knowledge of physiologic childbirth, the right birth team, and prenatal conditioning women can dramatically increase their chance for a positive birth experience. As practitioners, you already have your clients' trust. This class will prepare you to support your clients on the path toward a more satisfying birth.
In this workshop you will
- learn the basic, but awe-inspiring, mechanisms at play in labor, delivery and the fourth trimester
- investigate differences between common practices and best practices for evidence-based care
- develop a critical framework for helping clients navigate pregnancy and labor preparation
- assess how the work you already do can directly improve your client’s birth outcome
- gain access to incredible resources to share with pregnant clients
- understand why all of this matters!